OutSec’s Green Policy Statement
OutSec has a strong commitment to the vitally important issue of climate change. It is OutSec’s aim to conduct its business operations in a manner that safeguards and sustains the global environment. We are also in a very strong position to deliver real benefits to our clients in reducing their carbon footprint. As a company we also endeavour to practice what we preach!
We have prepared this policy statement to make clear exactly how and why we implement such actions that we hope will reduce carbon emissions and help save this beautiful planet of ours for future generations.
OutSec is Green
OutSec has a clear position on climate change. We have sought advice on “Green” issues and how to reduce our company Carbon Footprint. We follow strict criteria regarding environmental sustainability as outlined by the relevant authorities. Our Green Code of “Responsible Growth” focuses on four key areas:
- Legal compliance.
- Product/service improvements.
- Dedication to continual improvement in all areas of business.
- Transparency, accountability, and communication.
These four main areas can be further expanded by the following Code of Practice:
- Ensuring OutSec complies with any legal requirements relating to green issues and strives to meet and exceed any applicable standards
- Taking measures to prevent or reduce any negative environmental impacts OutSec products or services may have
- Reducing waste at every stage of the business process
- Making constant improvements in all areas of our operation in order to prevent stagnation or a relapse into eco-unfriendly practices
- Aligning ourselves with green suppliers & partners
- Understanding the importance of honest, authentic, and socially-responsible business practices by being in constant dialogue with clients, staff, secretaries, business partners and suppliers
- Minimising the amount of printed materials & direct mail we use – for example all invoices are emailed and almost all correspondence is electronic
- Recycling wherever possible in the office
- Encouraging our staff and typists to be responsible, corporate green citizens
- Considering environmental impacts in all our business decisions
- Utilising public transport wherever possible
OutSec can help our clients and typists be Green
That all reads very well, but what about reality? OutSec is in an almost unique business position in being able to make a very real difference almost immediately to global warming. How?
- All our secretaries work from home, immediately reducing their travel carbon emissions by up to 6 tonnes a year…each. This assumes that they might have driven in a car 10 miles to work each day before they joined OutSec
- By not having a secretary travelling to your place of work you, as a client, can also benefit from this saving
- OutSec will give advice to clients on the green benefits of using homeworkers and applying basic efficiency moves such as a drive towards paperless offices
- OutSec encourages clients to be “Green” too by asking them to receive their invoices electronically, as well as newsletters and all other forms of correspondence
- Meetings with clients conducted through telephone, VOIP, teleconference and videoconference facilities wherever possible
OutSec Best Management Practices include:
- Reducing Greenhouse gas emissions by performing teleconferencing and web conferencing instead of travelling
- Use of online facilities, such as Google calendar, database, virtual filing cabinets
- Electronic ‘paperless’ invoicing system
- Tracking and reduction of wastes
- Encouragement in employees using alternative transportation (walking, car pooling, biking, public transportation)
- Minimised consumption of non-biodegradable products (plastics), provision of water cooler
- Use of recycled products, wherever possible
- Dispose of waste at relevant recycling plants
- Conserve resources (e.g., water), use of energy saving light bulbs, turn off electric sockets overnight
- Full member of Green Achiever that will assist OutSec in implementing environmental sustainability in our services and products