OutSec’s Green Policy Statement
OutSec has a strong commitment to the vitally important issue of climate change. It is OutSec’s aim to conduct its business operations in a manner that safeguards and sustains the global environment. The OutSec service by its nature, helps clients reduce their carbon footprint! Moreover as a company we also endeavour to practice what we preach!
As a result of this Green Policy Statement we hope we can encourage more people to consider their own carbon footprint.
OutSec is Green
OutSec has a clear position on climate change. We have sought advice on “Green” issues and how to reduce our company Carbon Footprint. Our Green Code of “Responsible Growth” focuses on four key areas:
- Legal compliance.
- Product/service improvements.
- Dedication to continual improvement in all areas of business.
- Transparency, accountability, and communication.
The OutSec further Code of Practice:
- Taking measures to prevent or reduce any negative environmental impacts OutSec future products or services may have
- Reducing waste at every stage of the business process
- Making constant improvements in all areas of our operation in order to prevent stagnation or a relapse into eco-unfriendly practices
- Aligning ourselves with green suppliers & partners
- Minimising the amount of printed materials & direct mail we use – for example all invoices are emailed and almost all correspondence is electronic
- Recycling wherever possible in the office
- Encouraging our staff and typists to be responsible, corporate green citizens
- Considering environmental impacts in all our business decisions
- Utilising public transport wherever possible
OutSec can help our clients and typists be Green
That all reads very well, but what about reality? OutSec is in an almost unique business position in being able to make a very real difference almost immediately to global warming. How?
- All our secretaries work from home. On average we have assumed they may have driven 10 miles to get to work before joining OutSec. As a result their travel carbon emissions are reduced by up to 6 tonnes a year…each.
- By not having a secretary travelling to your place of work you, as a client, can also benefit from this saving.
- OutSec will give advice to clients on the green benefits of using homeworkers and applying basic efficiency moves such as a drive towards paperless offices
- OutSec encourages clients to be “Green” too by asking them to receive their invoices electronically, as well as newsletters and all other forms of correspondence
- Meetings with clients conducted through telephone, VOIP, teleconference and videoconference facilities wherever possible. As a result travel is minimised.
OutSec Best Management Practices include:
- Reducing Greenhouse gas emissions by tele and web conferencing instead of travelling
- Use of online facilities, such as Google calendar
- Electronic ‘paperless’ invoicing system
- Tracking and reduction of wastes
- Employees consider alternative transportation (walking, car pooling, biking, public transportation)
- Minimised consumption of non-biodegradable products (plastics), provision of water cooler
- Use of recycled products, wherever possible
- Dispose of waste at relevant recycling plants
- Conserve resources (e.g., water), use of energy saving light bulbs, turn off electric sockets overnight
- Full member of Green Achiever that will assist OutSec in implementing environmental sustainability in our services and products
Above all OutSec are passionate about our world and sincerely adopt practices to its best benefit.