OutSec employs 3 different types of standard interview transcription:
A common sense approach eliminating words not relevant to the subject matter (e.g. repetitive erms, ahs etc). This is the least expensive option and is suitable for most needs.
Queries are highlighted in red alongside a time marker from the recording for ease of reference.
The completed document will be a summary of the subject matter allowing typist sensible discretion to edit and proof the transcribed work. This report may be used as a reference for another article or project.
Everything is included in the transcript – a 100% accurate record of the submitted recording inclusive of repetition, erms, ahs, etc. No abbreviations or alterations are used. Often used by Forensic Accountants.
This is our most expensive service.
Unless specifically requested to the contrary, all interviews will be transcribed as ‘intelligent verbatim’.
Here are just some of the companies we work for and examples of what we do for them:
- Market research companies – telephone calls and focus group transcription
- Corporate companies – team meetings, disciplinary meetings
- Drug companies – medical conferences, symposiums and round table discussions
- Universities and student projects – large-scale research projects, thesis
- Film and video production companies – radio and television transcripts
- Forensic accountants – investigative interviews under caution
- Cabinet office – government ministerial speeches, brainstorming sessions, Minister interviews.
- Recruitment consultants – candidate interviews and company profiles.
Among other clients, we have worked on large-scale university projects for Oxford, Cambridge, Salford, Loughborough, Derby Edinburgh, Dundee, The London School of Economics and many more.
The OutSec solution has minimal impact on existing systems and working practices: clients record interviews in the usual fashion using digital recording and mobile technology. The sound files are uploaded to OutSec via our secure FileManager interface or sharing files via WeTransfer or Dropbox. The completed transcripts are returned via the client account, ready for printing. No email is used for file transfer.
Contact Tracey today with your specific requirements and she will be delighted to provide you with a quotation for your consideration. Alternatively open an account today.
From as little as
£1.50 + VAT
per audio minute
(48 hour turnaround)
All dictations are rounded up to the nearest minute (for example a 6m 17s audio file would be rounded up to 7 minutes).
All our fees are subject to VAT at the standard rate.
On-site visits can be arranged to discuss any individual requirements at no charge.